Thursday 10 July 2014

There's always an alternative

Hello!
So it's that time of year again . Traditional in Protestant areas bonfires are built and lit on the 11th of July. A LOT of pallets are used to build these bonfires but there's always an alternative if you choose to see things from a differnent outlook. Two pallets that I found out the back of work escaped a firey end by coming home with me. The big lad removed a couple of the slats and with some leftover paint I added a bit of colour. Filled with soil and some colourful plants and we now have a  raised flower bed. I love how this turned out, I have plans, just need a few more pallets..... it's annoying me everytime I go past a bonfire I just want to rescue a few more!





Check out Pinterest for loads more ideas with pallets! Inspired!
Hope you're all having a great week xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Great idea and a lovely change in perspective! Meabh
    www.peachparade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meah! The amount of pallets that get burned is incredible, I'll be saving a few more when I get my hands on them! xx

      Delete
  2. That's great Linda! I've seen them made into vertical gardens before, but never this. Dumb question, but anyway: did you attach timber to the sides to stop the soil from escaping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie, I've got plans to add more side ones like you've seen, I used some of the slats that were removed from the top and naied them onto the sides to keep the soil in. xx

      Delete
  3. What a brilliant idea Linda, I've got a palette which I'm hoping to paint and raise up a bit...use it as outdoor coffee table! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea Ada, there's so many great ideas out there for pallets, the yoga class I go has made a really cool sofa from them in the reception area xx

      Delete

Thanks for all your comments : )