Wednesday 10 July 2013

Simple Summer Sewing- DIY Scarf Dress

Hello!
The sun is shining, the strawberries are ripening and it's a bank holiday weekend in Northern Ireland, it's so far been the best summer here in years!
Last weekend I bought two vintage scarfs from Oxfam Vintage in Belfast for a simple sewing project. A reversible scarf kaftan style dress.....

 This dress was super easy to make, just take two scarfs bigger than your body, but them together and sew following my diagram below (sorry for the crap diagram! I am no computer whizz)


 And there you have it, reversible dress or top, I'll be on the look out for more pretty scarves.




I got my hair did too, fancied a change from the blonde, I have to say I'm loving being a redhead again!

Hope you're all having a great week! I'm off to enjoy this gorgeous summer evening xx

8 comments:

  1. I live in US and love to read the English (and Irish and Scottish) blogs. My daughter and I are planning to go to England and Northern Ireland this year, probably late August and/or early September. We want to see the town where my father was born. It is Rathfrieland. Have you heard of it? Some of my English cousins said they'd been there years ago and it was quaint and hadn't changed much since my father and uncles lived there, (many years ago.) Just wondered if you knew of it. Like your blog, too.
    Maggie from US

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie, I've never been to Rathfrieland but I have heard of it, my cousin and I are planning a trip there to see the puffins! I'm sure you'll have an amazing time here when you visit, our wee country especially the coastlines are pretty spectacular! Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  2. so cute!. your drawings are perfect. glad you are having such a fab summer....red hair suits you...you match the chooks!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,

    I love your little scarf top. So easy, even I could run one up!
    You look very cute wearing it too. My daughter's a red-head, so I'm particularly fond of them...

    p.s. very profesh instructions and the girl in your sketch looks just like you. Fancy that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I've made another one already! looking forward to seeing your kitchen xx

      Delete
  4. I love this. I've been meaning to do similar since I saw it demonstrated on a TV show ages ago - thanks for the reminder, I shall go and have a rummage through my scarf case!
    Love your red hair! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, I'm sure you've got an impressive scarf collection to choose from! xx

      Delete

Thanks for all your comments : )