Friday 23 November 2012

Making Time

Hello lovelies! I'm HOME!!!
Hope you've had a good week.
Is there something on your charity shop wish list you've been hoping to find for forever? Ours was a sunburst clock...I've seen ones in vintage shops before but I always hoped I'd be lucky enough to find one in a charity shop. The search was over when I spied this hanging, lost , looking for a new home on the wall of Oxfam last weekend. Not sure if it was working the nice guy in the shop decided to give it us for half price! So we got it for a fiver! The clock was made in West Germany and England. The battery shape must have changed since it was designed and we can't get it working but I still love it. In the words of Marwood (Withnail and I) "Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day. And for once I'm inclined to believe that Withnail is right. We are indeed drifting into the arena of the unwell. Making an enemy of our own future. What we need is harmony, fresh air, stuff like that"
 I need to find a clock fixer, until then it's always going to be 8.47
 Marwood "What are you doing?"
Withnail " Making time"
This weekend I'm making time to catch up with what's going on in blogland, having a stall at The Style Fair, working on some new bird pictures and watching Breaking Bad! It's good to be home!

 Check out my Instagram friend Em's new blog, I love her style and recycled furniture The painted Little Mouse
Have a lovely weekend everyone xx

4 comments:

  1. Gaaah, it is so beautiful! Such a bargain too! I managed to snag one on eBay for £15 on eBay that was pick up only :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my what a beauty! I found a cheap starburst clock at a local vintage shop, after searching high & low for years. I must say I would love another one. It's one of my favourite things. I love the wood spokes on yours. Super dooper find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a beautiful clock! lucky you! i wouldn't mind if it didn't work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That clock is FAB-U-LARSE!! - Great find.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all your comments : )