Tuesday 22 May 2012

Into the West

On Sunday the big lad and I took a drive into the West and walked up Divis and the Black Mountain
 for the first time. I can't believe I've never been up here before! It's only a short drive from where we live and I see the mountain almost every day but never thought about walking up it until it was featured in The Guardian Great British walks guide. So we packed a picnic and headed up the mountain, and I have to say it was amazing! If you live in Belfast or are just visiting it's definitely worth taking this walk, the views of the city are superb! It was quite cloudy on Sunday but on a clear day it would be class, I can't wait to go back! You can see for miles! It was so peaceful on the top of the mountain, surveying the city below, the distant hum. I could sit there for hours and just daydream about what's going on below, watch the planes coming in, and the clouds roll over. Strangely I felt like a giant at the top of the mountain yet had a moment of enlightenment of realising how small I really am.


A blog exclusive! A siting of the big lad! He does exist!!
We were lucky enough to meet some friendly horses ( The walk is actually through working farmland) We watched them gallop across the mountain, and stopped to say hello, so beautiful.
The big lad with a horse looking a cross between Daryl Hanna in Splash and Robert Plant, it even looks like it's wearing flares!
I have hair envy! This horse has amazing hair, don't you think!?
A most enjoyable afternoon, I can't wait to go back!

Hope you're all having a great week xx

1 comment:

Thanks for all your comments : )