Monday 14 May 2012

The freaky five come good

Last Monday was the 31st Belfast marathon, and for the first time I was taking part in the relay event. My friend and I have walked the marathon for the last two years but we thought we'd give the relay a go this year, I didn't really know what to expect, but I have to say it was really good fun! Apart from the fact that it was the most horrible day, standing about in the freezing cold, running in the the lashing rain and getting soaked, it was exhilarating and nice to chat to other people waiting at the relay point. The relay event is a great way of getting involved in the marathon if long distance running isn't quite your thing, but it must be quite tough for the marathon runners as the relay runners burst past them full of energy when they're flaging, mental strength is as important as the physical to get through. Hats off to anyone to anyone running or walking the full whack, it was a stinking day but everyone perservered! Once I got home, showered and warmed up, my sister and I headed back to the finish line to cheer on the finishers, and I couldn't believe my luck with this photo opportunity! 
This kitty had just completed the full marathon! Raising money for Cats Protection  My sister had actually met this same cat dancing in the The Black Box the night before the marathon! Cats must be way fitter than humans and apparently they like beer too!
Reminds me of someone!
 Maybe next year I'll challenge myself to the full marathon run...(We'll see)
Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for all your comments : )